Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Week 2

I’m feeling pretty down. It’s been two weeks now and I’ve already accomplished everything I set as goals for myself when moving to Edmonton. I’m very tenacious and goal orientated so the question is- where do I go from here?


Lately all I do is get up, go to work, go home, go to sleep. Repeat. I never thought I would end up in a 9 to 5 type of job. I’m not the lowest of the low, but I’m down there on the totem pole. It would be very different if I was in Ottawa because I would have my friends to keep me busy after work but instead Ashton and I are existing in this little bubble. We are still getting used to seeing each other every day, and even then with our work and school commitments it can be hard to do much together. (aside from arguing who was snoring the loudest.)


Work isn’t that stimulating. I see other people running around with cool and creative jobs but instead I’m sitting there using minimal skills to stretch a project out for a whole day. Instead I finish 7 hours work in 2 hours and sit there listening to various podcasts. This was also not the job I was hired for.

It’s ridiculous. I am apparently ‘training’ the new receptionist. I need to remind you its only been 2 weeks that I’ve even been in the office. The woman keeps looking up at me like mine is the voice of God, finality, with regards to any inquiry. Working with her I realized that I was indeed WAY over-qualified for the position. Whatever.


I know that if I were to be in a coffee shopped I could forget about work after the shift and have way more flexibility. I think I’m also just coming to grips with the idea of not being a student.

No comments: