Wednesday, September 23, 2009

week 3- we're not in kansas anymore, toto




So the good news is that ashton and I finally have the internet. I’ve been feeling really disconnected from everyone and everything that is familiar(I think that’s one of the main reasons why I’m so eager to get to my new flat –its sort of a haven). Edmonton’s another country in comparison to what I’m used to- England’s been easier than this.

It’s not that Albertans’ aren’t friendly, it’s just that Ashton and I haven’t really made any new friends yet. Ashton’s in a bit of a funk right now because he wants to go to the Cuff the Duke show up the street in like an hour, but I have to work tomorrow meaning I’ll be up at 6:15 so it’s just not going to happen. We’re very much caught up in our own universe. Neither of us ever initially thought that we would live together. Though we’ve been having our differences, that’s what brings us closer together. This is the longest time I’ve ever NOT gone to a gig since I was about 16. Yeah, there have been concerts at the uni at lunch, but I’ve not been interested. I don’t know who I am lately. I feel rather boring because all I do is get up, go to work, come home go to bed.

At least now we’ve got a second bike so it’s a lot faster getting to work. I’ve really missed my friends back home lately. Wherever home is…


It seems that Fall has hit Edmonton in the last week alone. Everything has turned to a golden yellow and the leaves make a satisfying crunch when I’m wading through.

No comments: